“What do quilters want,” our families may ask as the holidays approach? We love fabric, but do we need more? What we really want is time to quilt, right? May we suggest….
5 Holiday Gift Ideas for Quilters
- A Quilting Cruise. (We can think big!) Sew Many Places has a large range of destinations and teachers available for 2015.
- A Quilt Retreat. Quilting by the Lake in upstate New York always has a fabulous range of teachers lined up, if you want to think big but not that big.
- A Gift Certificate to Laurena’s Longarm Quilting 🙂 Use your gift certificate for any of our quilting services: Custom or edge to edge quilting.Or, rent longarm machines or our new Charm, the sit down quilting machine. You can pay for batting, zippers, notions or the great quilt backs from Sew Batik. Thank you for your business!
- A Quilt Appraisal. You may have finished a beautiful work in 2014. If something should happen, replacing it may be difficult. Appraising your work, or a vintage or heirloom quilt in your possession is something we may procrastinate. The American Quilter’s Society maintains a list of registered appraisers. What a gift that shows your family values your hard work!
- Peace on earth. As much as we enjoy making comfort quilts, how wonderful would it be if those drastic emergencies disappeared (or at least diminished). This has been on my holiday wish list for years.
Enjoy the season!